RAJASTHAN TOURISM Travel Info Tourist Offices

Visa & Custom

Indian visas are available from Indian Consular Offices around the world, on payment of visa fee.

Applications for multiple and single entry visas are accepted.

Indian visas are necessary for all foreigners visiting India.

There are several kinds of visas including Entry Visa, Tourist Visa, Business Visa, Long Terms Visa(upto 5 years with multiple entry facilities) etc. are available.

Also Collective Landing Permits are available for foreign tourists in groups.

Visa Extensions:

Tourists visas are available for a maximum period of 180 days. No charge are levied for visa extension within the maximum period of 180 days.

Identical passport photographs are required. However, in case of an extension beyond 180 days, which is allowed only in exceptional cases, an extension fee is charged.

Tourists from other countries are advised to check current applicable visa fee/visa extension fees with government of India Tourist Offices or Indian Consular Offices located in their respective countries.


The usual duty free regulations of one bottle of whisky, i.e. 950 ml or less and 200 cigarettes apply for India.

If the tourist brings in more than $ 1000 in cash or in traveller's cheques, it must be declared by completion of currency declaration form.

While small items like perfumes, cosmetics etc., are allowed into the country, larger items like video cameras are likely to be entered on a "Tourist Baggage Re-export' form to ensure that the article is taken away on departure.

The TBRE form should be re-submitted on departure.

Goods brought in excess of this are chargeable to duty as per prevailing law.


If a person not domiciled in India intends to say in the country for more than 120 days, an "Income Tax Clearance" certificate is required in order to leave the country.

This document will prove that the person's stay in India was financed by his own money and not by working or selling his goods.

The foreign section of the Income Tax Department at Delhi, Calcutta, Madras and Bombay issues these certificates on being shown the person's passport, visa extension form and the currency exchange receipts which have been used by the person.


For international travel from Indian airports Airport Travel Tax must be paid for travel to all other countries. This tax is also applicable to infants who may not be occupying seats.